The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) announced the launch of the call for applications for the 2020 cohort of its Local Pathways Fellowship program. The Fellowship is one of the world’s leading training and research programs on SDG11 for young urban leaders. It offers the knowledge, resources, and platform needed to empower young urban innovators to take local actions for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda in their localities by:
- Guiding and informing their advocacy and outreach work;
- Providing them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitating mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions; and
- Supporting their efforts to promote local understanding, dialogue and problem-solving for sustainable development.
Each year, the Local Pathways Fellowship brings together a network of more than sixty young thought leaders, urban planners, sustainability practitioners, researchers, and innovators from more than fifty cities across the world to advance local dialogue, collaboration, and problem solving around Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11) to make cities and urban settlements “smart, fair and sustainable”.
You may also check:
- ExxonMobil Graduate Trainee Program
- Carnegie Council International Student/Teacher Essay Contest 2019: Internet Responsibility
- MIT Africa Empowering the Teachers Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 (Fully Funded to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA)
Local Pathways Fellowship welcomes young applicants across the globe, passionate about sustainable urban development. Requirements for the applicants:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (exceptions may apply);
- Be based in the same city throughout the Fellowship (January to November 2020);
- Demonstrated commitment to working toward urban sustainable development;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement, and advocacy, or similar.
The 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship application period opens on November 1, 2019, and runs until December 15th, 2019. The selected fellows will be notified on January 25th, 2020.