Application Deadline: September 13, 2019.
ℹ️98% of CVs are rarely accepted. Be among the TOP 2%. Let CV Experts review your Curriculum Vitae and get your new & quality CV within 1 hour
Click to begin
This was the eighteenth year that NVIDIA has invited PhD students to submit their research projects for consideration. Recipients are selected based on their academic achievements, professor nomination, and area of research. We have found this program to be a great way to support academia in its pursuit of cutting edge innovation, as well as an ideal avenue to introduce NVIDIA to the future leaders of the industry.
NVIDIA has long believed that investing in university talent is beneficial to the industry and key to our continued growth and success. The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program now provides funding in the amount of up to $50,000 per award to PhD students who are researching topics that will lead to major advances in the graphics and high-performance computing industries, and are investigating innovative ways of leveraging the power of the GPU.
NVIDIA particularly invites submissions from students pushing the envelope in artificial intelligence, deep neural networks, autonomous vehicles, and related fields. We select up to ten students each year who have the talent, aptitude and initiative to work closely with us early in their careers.
You may also check:
- MTN Foundation/Muson Music Scholarship Program 2019 for aspiring Musicians
- Union Bank edTech Challenge 2019 for entrepreneurial Nigerian students (cash funding of 5 Million Naira)
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2020/2021 for Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
Recipients not only receive crucial funding for their research, but are able to conduct groundbreaking work with access to NVIDIA products, technology and some of the most talented minds in the field. We are inviting the next round of Fellows to join us for a summer internship prior to the start of their Fellowship year.
- Students must have already completed their first year of PhD level studies (at the time of application)
- Students must have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
- Students must be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
- Students must be enrolled as a full time active PhD student during the 2020-2021 academic year (9 months) of the award — this means they should not be expecting to graduate sooner than May/June 2021
- Students must be available to complete a summer internship prior to the start of their Fellowship year.
- Students may not be a relative of a current NVIDIA employee
- Note: The award must be administered through the student’s university; payment will be made to the university, not directly to the student
Graduate Fellowship Applications Must Include:
- Research summary/thesis proposal – up to 2 pages, plus bibliography
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact information
- Professor nomination letter (1 letter minimum (thesis advisor), up to 3 letters maximum — OK to have nomination letter(s) from non-professors, as long as you have one from your thesis advisor/professor)
- Confirmation of availability for summer internship
New Submission Portal: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all of these items are submitted prior to the deadline. We are using a new Submission Portal, in which the student manages their own application. The student must:
- Complete the student profile – start this now; you can go back to the portal repeatedly until you submit the final application
- Complete your application input including research summary thesis proposal and resume (CV)
- Add contacts for the letter(s) of recommendation — an email will automatically be sent on your behalf to each recommender you add — be sure to add your professors/recommenders early in the process! Do not wait until close to the deadline!
- Monitor the status of your recommendation letter(s) in the portal — do not click on the final submission until the recommendation status shows “recommendation uploaded” for each recommendation you are expecting — the professor deadline has been set 2 days prior to the student deadline to allow the student to ensure all documents are received before submitting — the deadline for recommendation letters is 3pm Pacific September 11, 2019
- Communicate with the recommender(s) to complete their letter upload on time – it is the student’s responsibility to ensure their letters are received into the system
- Submit the final application when all items are complete, and prior to the application deadline: 3pm Pacific September 13, 2019
For More Information:
You may also check:
- Holland Scholarships 2020/2021 for Bachelor’s or Masters Study in the Netherlands (5,000 Euros)
- Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2020/2021 for Study in the University of Oxford, UK (Fully Funded)
- University of Groningen Eric Bleumink Fund Scholarships 2019/2020 for study in the Netherlands (Funded)