The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected and inter generational network of African and European scientists equipped to lead research on the multi-dimensional impacts of climate change on Africa’s agriculture and food systems while also identifying and developing innovative solutions to effectively respond to the challenges, needs and priorities of diverse population groups across the continent.
To be eligible for the One Planet Fellowship, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- be a citizen of the following countries: Algeria,Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Zambia
- be 40 years of age or younger by March 31, 2020
- have at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change adaptation with focus on agriculture and food systems
- have research experience in any of the five thematic areas as outlined in the One Planet Scientific Fellowship Framework
- reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture
- not a previous beneficiary of the AWARD Fellowship initiative
- Pre-conditions for Participation in the One Planet Fellowship
- Notification on the Fellowship offer to the successful applicant does not guarantee participation in the One Planet Fellowship. Participation will be guaranteed upon the applicant’s:
- provision of details of the institution’s head or responsible supervisor that shall endorse their participation in the One Planet Fellowship activities
- submission of the required documentation (copies of passport and academic certificates) to support information provided in the application form
- acceptance of the AWARD’s code of conduct
- timely, official communication to AWARD on their participation in any other capacity building programs
You may also check:
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Internship Programme 2019/2020 for Nigerians
- 2019/2020 Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme
- Multiple vacancies at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The call for the next round of the One Planet Fellowship opens on November 29,2019 and closes on March 31, 2020.
Late and/or incomplete applications will NOT be considered.