The Equals in Tech Awards are given every year to organizations and individuals working to help girls and women gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
Individuals and organizations can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in the following categories:
Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
Leadership (in two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
You may also check:
- UNWTO Inspiring Africa – Branding Challenge 2020
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Intern needed at Pact Nigeria
- Openings at The International Medical Corps
Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative
- Work in collaboration with partners
– The call for nominations is open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs. However, we respectfully request that your nomination form should be submitted in English.
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2020.