Have you successfully developed innovative digital solutions for the agricultural and food sector with a positive impact on income generation? Are you still looking for company development support to scale your business and increase your impact?
The GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme provides tailor-made company development measures aimed at improving your investment readiness and gaining access to investment and business opportunities.
Scaling digital agriculture innovations through start-ups’ (SAIS) is a project implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
You may also check:
- D-Prize Challenge 2020 Prize for Social Entrepreneurs to fight Poverty ($USD 20,000)
- UWE Millennium Scholarship for International Students
- Human Resources Specialist vacancy at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- A six-month Investment Readiness Programme fully funded by GIZ-SAIS beginning in December 2019. The programme is built around regular virtual coaching and training sessions with experienced company developers and growth managers.
- Access to additional service providers to optimise certain segments of your venture (e.g. legal, cash flow, marketing, coding etc.).
- Three in-person meet-ups complete the programme: a kick-off workshop in Nairobi, Kenya, in December 2019, followed by a mid-term check-in in the third or fourth month and a link-up event with investors and business partners will conclude the programme.
- Throughout the duration of the programme, the GIZ-SAIS team will facilitate contacts and interactions with potential investors and business partners using the global investor cloud services. Further follow-up growth measures in close dialogue with committed investors and business partners are planned for those start-ups that successfully complete the Investment Readiness Programme.
You can apply if your business:
- is a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people,
- is offering scalable digital solutions with a clear positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through savings, business opportunities, added value, etc.),
- and is in the post-seed stage (i.e. have launched a minimum viable product, have an existing customer base, have evidence of revenue).
Projects will be selected on the basis of an application that showcases:
- a convincing business model,
- a highly-motivated team that ideally reflects gender equality and diversity,
- and presents a digital product that is scalable, demonstrably functional, user-oriented, commercially viable and makes use of sustainable technical solutions while also, ideally, promoting gender equality in the agriculture and food sector.
How to Apply:
1) Online application
Please apply online by October 28, 2019, via the VC4A website and upload a short pitch video (max. 2 minutes) via an unlisted (i.e. hidden to the public) YouTube link. The video should clearly convey your vision, the problem you are addressing and how your product resolves it as well as the user experience. Please provide all requested information in order to ensure your inclusion in the selection process.
2) Virtual pitch
Based on the eligibility and selection criteria presented above, GIZ-SAIS will pre-select convincing start-ups that will be invited to a virtual pitch:
- The virtual pitch event will be held in November 2019, during calendar week 47 (November 18-22, 2019).
- Invitations to the pitch event including your time slot will be sent out by November 11, 2019.
3) Kick-off event in Nairobi
The most promising start-ups selected in the wake of the virtual pitch will be invited to Nairobi, Kenya, on December 12-13, 2019 for the GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme kick-off event. Please make sure that you are available at that time.
You may also check: