Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. An important part of this is supporting the leaders who foster community—people who offer encouragement, build bridges and drive change. We invest in and empower these leaders to start, grow and sustain meaningful communities that positively impact people’s lives.
Do you need a new CV or you want to upgrade your CV quality for better performance?
Apply to the Facebook Community Accelerator to get the training, mentorship and funds to grow your impactful community.
This program is open to communities with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Brazil, United States, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, United Kingdom, France, Germany, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt.
Communities must have existed for over one year (either online or offline), and must have a minimum size of 5,000 members if primarily online.
The program will be conducted in English or Portuguese (if applying from Brazil).
The selection committee will look for communities who would benefit most from the unique programming offered and have the capacity to engage fully in the program. This includes:
- Established Community: An existing community (either online or offline) who has an engaged member base and has existed for over one year.
- Social Impact: A desire to create social impact that betters people’s lives through their community.
- Appetite to Grow: The community leaders know that growing their community through Facebook’s family of apps is their next challenge and are willing and excited to scale.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to scale their community using Facebook’s family of apps and can manage the growth and work that comes with it.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams and projects.
- Business Model / Income Strategy: The community has a business model or is close to having a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the program.
Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ approved growth plans. Up to $3 million total will be awarded to program participants.
You may also check:
- Sterling Bank Alternative Finance (SAF) Graduate Trainee Program 2020
- Leventis Foundation Masters & MBA Scholarships 2020/2021 for Nigerian Students to Study in Greece
- French African Young Leaders Program 2020
Selected participants will each receive up to $30k to execute their growth plans during the 6-month program and could be eligible to receive part of the $500K additional funding available at the end of the program to further grow their communities and impact.
Growth Focused Training
Participants will be immersed in an intensive training program to create a growth plan for their community through Facebook’s family of apps.
Mentorship & Partnerships
Facebook team members and experts in product and community growth offer each participant hands-on mentorship and connections to local funders and partners.
Funding to Grow
Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ approved growth plans.
All applications are due by April 10th and selected communities will be notified in May. The program will begin in June 2020.