Nominations have opened for the 2020 Commonwealth Youth Awards which will see winners awarded a cash grant to scale-up development work benefiting their communities.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards recognise the exemplary work undertaken by young people across the 53 member countries.
Regional winners will be invited to an awards ceremony in London on Commonwealth Day 2020.
The awards are being delivered in partnership with the Commonwealth Youth Council and the Commonwealth Youth Networks.
You may also check:
- Apply for Chevron Nigeria 2020 January – June Internship Placement for young Nigerians
- University of West London Scholarship for PhD study in Health and Ageing in Nigeria
- European Commission Blue Book Paid Traineeship 2019 for University graduates worldwide – Brussels,Belgium (1,196.84€ per month stipend)
The awards launch coincides with the Commonwealth Asia Region Senior Officials From Youth Ministries Meeting – an event which will allow participants to assess progress on agreed youth policy priorities and finalise a regional strategy aimed at improving the wellbeing and livelihoods of Commonwealth young people.
Are you a young change maker that fits the below criteria? Do not miss out on the opportunity to nominate yourself or a youth leader working on achieving the 17 SDG’s in your community
Nominees Must be:
- aged 15 to 29 years;
- a citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
- been engaged in development work for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their development work and its impact to one of the 17 SDGs;
- have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development.
Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who is not a relative and who can testify to their work.
The 2020 finalists will receive a trophy, a certificate and cash grants to help them continue their development work.
All finalists will be awarded £1,000. Each selected regional winner will receive an additional £2,000, bringing their total win to £3,000. The Commonwealth Young Person of the Year will also receive an additional cash grant of £2,000, bringing her/his total award to £5,000.
You may also check:
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2020/2021 for study in Hong Kong (Funded)
- Apply to become African Youth Ambassadors For Peace Program 2019
- Current Top 24 Scholarships in USA for International Students