The CGI U COVID-19 Student Action Fund will identify and support select students at universities around the world who are committed to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you need a new CV or you want to upgrade your CV quality for better performance?
Working within the CGI U Commitment to Action model, this fund will provide at least $100,000 in total funding to students, with each grant awarded ranging from $2,000 to $5,000.
This action fund is geared towards awareness and prevention campaigns, social enterprises, infectious disease monitoring and response systems, and other emergency response initiatives that are providing immediate support for public health practitioners and other essential workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Students are eligible to apply to the CGI U COVID-19 Student Action Fund if they have previously been accepted to CGI U or if they have never previously been accepted to CGI U;
- they are at least 18 years of age; and they are currently enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of application.
In addition to receiving seed funding for their commitments, all selected students will receive invitations to participate in the CGI U 2021 program, including an invitation to attend the CGI U 2021 annual event at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland from April 9-11, 2021.
You may also check:
- The World Bank Group Vice Presidency Legal Internship Program 2020 for highly-motivated law students
- The Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge 2020 for Innovators & Entrepreneurs
- 2020/2021 Université Paris-Saclay Master’s Scholarships for international study in France
Application and Selection Process
Phase One: All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
- Notifications: All Phase One applicants will be notified of their application status by June 12, 2020.
Phase Two: Second round applicants will be invited to submit a 4-minute video for grant consideration, answering specific prompts about their COVID-19 Commitment to Action. Students will also have the option to submit a 5-10 page information deck, but it will not be required. All second round applicants will be asked to submit their video application by Friday, June 19.
- Notifications: Phase Two applicants will be notified of their application status by July 2, 2020. Seed funding awardees will be announced the week of July 6, 2020.
Students are eligible to apply to the CGI U COVID-19 Student Action Fund if they have previously been accepted to CGI U or if they have never previously been accepted to CGI U; they are at least 18 years of age; and if they were enrolled in an institution of higher education during this current term at the time of application.
Application Deadline: 3rd June, 2020.