AgriLab is focused on enabling AgriTech Entrepreneurs to succeed. AgriLab aims to enable young Nigerians to turn their startup ideas into full-fledged business models ready for investment.
AgriLab focuses on the agritech sector, an area where Ireland is a world leader and in which Nigeria needs to develop in order to diversify its economy and meet the demands of a fast growing population.
The program is a partnership between Embassy of Ireland, Nigeria and Ventures Platform, an Abuja based technology hub that incubates and supports start-ups through its curated office space, investment fund, and Not-for-Profit arm.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- You are a Nigerian with a business idea in the agritech space that clearly identifies the problem it solves.
- You have a sustainable and scalable business model.
- You are resident in Nigeria
- You are between the ages of 18 – 35
- You are available to participate in the entire program if selected
- You are able to travel to Ireland for a business visit as part of this program
- You have a valid International Passport for the duration of the trip.
- Team Capabilities
- Agribusiness is Tech-enabled
- A completed application form
You may also check:
- Mercer Consulting Limited is recruiting more managers
- World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards Program 2020 ($20,000 prize) for education projects
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Internship Programme 2019/2020 for Nigerians
3-Day Ideation Workshop and Bootcamp
Selected startups get to learn the requisite knowledge needed to be accepted into the Incubation Program.
Participants will be exposed to workshops, mentorship and office spaces.
Participants get to receive $2,000 in seed capital.
A Trip to Ireland
The winning team will receive an all-expense paid trip to Ireland to meet and network with potential business partners and state agencies.